Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Days 5 - 8

On Monday I was feeling VERY good the three days off really were at the perfect time. By Tuesday night though the radiation was starting to have it's ill-fated effect. The sore throat started but I fought back with a Frosty from Wendy's! That would be a chocolate Frosty. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Wendy's, in fact I won't even try the vanilla I think it's sacrilege or at least it needs a different name.

On Wednesday I hit the proverbial wall. I don't know if it was the treatments or having a 7 and a 1/2 month old whose decided against sleeping in her own bed. It could also be the coughing that's keeping me up at night. This apparently is normal as the cancer cells are dying and draining into my throat. I know right now you're thinking I'm really glad I'm reading this EWWWWW. Just be glad I don't describe what came out of my nose this morning!

As I'm nearing the end of week two I'll be happy for the weekend. So far things are progressing exactly as they described and I'm still doing my best to follow Doctors orders and gain a bit of weight. In fact I think I'll break out the Oreos...

4 comments:

  1. Patricia VaillancourtJanuary 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM

    You should ask Wendy's to invent a Frosty Pie!! Chocolate, of course. Frosty filling and Oreo crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an oreo for me. Hope you are doing well. Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... Wendy's Frosty... that sounds SO good, except its in the negative temperatures, and that's not counting a windchill. You should get a DQ Blizzard too...

    Glad to hear continue forward progress, and hopefully not-to-terrible side effects.

    Tell Baby Chang to give her momma a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't feeling all that hungry yesterday and the idea of 2500 calories that they say I need was rather overwhelming. So a nice friend on Facebook sent me this link...

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,556462,00.html

    ReplyDelete