Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 11 - 13

I miss the pool and margaritas! There aren't many things that you can't do or have while in radiation and chemo treatment. However, there are a few things like not eating raw meat (no sushi), no ordering salads or eating at a salad bar, no swimming, no alcohol and no breastfeeding.

Baby Chang and I have both gotten over the breastfeeding thing. Though there are days I miss the connection I don't miss the ugly, ill fitting bras.

I sometimes have trouble remembering to pass on the salad when I go out to eat but it means I eat more salad at home. On the surface you'd think that isn't conducive to the weight gaining orders but trust me add enough cheese and salad dressing and that's no problem.

The sushi thing is not too big a deal as I figured out how to eat it during pregnancy by eating only the things that are cooked.

But margaritas man I miss margaritas. From the time I found out I was pregnant until now 16 months later I've had 1 and a 1/2 drinks. A cosmo and half a beer. All I'd really like is a HUGE margarita with salt. Sadly alcohol is a no no still. It has something to do with protecting my kidneys.

Finally, the thing I want to do more than anything is hit the swimming pool. While pregnant and nauseous the one thing that made me feel better was doing a few laps in the pool. The radiation is going to do a number on my skin so I can't do anything that might cause it to dry out (i.e. chlorine or salt water). With everything else it seems like the one thing that might make me feel better is hitting the pool.

So I've decided the real sign that I'm over this will be the day I'm sitting poolside with a margarita. Anyone want to join me?

3 comments:

  1. I like margaritas and swimming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were in Houston, I'd definitely celebrate with you. I also wonder if you can cut corners on the swimming thing by swimming in freshwater?

    I'll definitely drink a margarita in your honor when you get to ring that bell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm in! I want to get to Houston sometime in the first half of this year and would love nothing better than to sit poolside with you and drink margaritas. xoxo ~Kate

    ReplyDelete