Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And the winner is...

ME! As of Tuesday, April 27, 2010 it is official I am cancer free. I am diagnosed as being in remission.

It was an amazing phone call to receive and an even more amazing phone call to make. Immediately I called Mom and Dad Chang (although Dad Chang was on the golf course and didn't hear for another few hours). Mom Chang was with Sister and Nephew Chang so the good news spread quickly.

Through most of my treatment I chose not to talk about my cancer on Facebook but the announcement of being cancer free couldn't be helped. The outpouring of congratulations was as amazing as the support I received through all of this.

My first question to the Doc after getting the good news was to ask what the next step was. As of right now I return to the ENT next week and the Radiation Oncologist in July. I will see Doctors every 2-3 months for a couple of years with CT and PET Scans being scheduled every 6 months. If the results stay the same the scans will become an annual affair until I reach the five year mark. At that time they will declare me cured. The appointments won't stop though they will just be fewer and farther in between.

For now I'm going to focus on getting rid of the pharmacy that has taken over my bathroom and closet, as well as continue to get much needed rest. I'm looking forward to that celebratory margarita but that is still a little way off (alcohol burns my throat)!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats congrats congrats! I'm so happy and excited for you. I knew you could beat this cancer - and here's to making it stay away FOREVER! And of course, back to feeling like yourself!

    I'm so proud of you for keeping a fairly positive attitude throughout this and of course, letting us share your experience with you so that we could root alongside you.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete