Wednesday, April 14, 2010

CT Results

Monday I was back at the Doctor's office for a CT Scan to see how everything looked. Today we got the results. Though the Doctor couldn't say I was cured or even in remission for that matter he was pleased with the results. It turns out there are some visible abnormalities in my nasopharynx but they are more than likely just scar tissue from being assaulted with radiation and chemotherapy. My lymph nodes are looking normal as well.

So what's next? Well, next month I head back to the ENT for another scope. Then in June or July I go in for a PET Scan which is when we really find out if the poison did it's job. The PET Scan will show whether or not the abnormalities are scar tissue or not.

All three of my doctors seem very positive and don't anticipate anything other than a clean scan. So, were back to the waiting game. Rather than spend the next couple of months worrying I'm going to be concentrating on continuing to get stronger.

The other piece of good news is that the feeding tube will be taken out in the next two weeks! I haven't been using it for over a week now.

Grandma Chang heads back to Denver tomorrow and I don't know who is having the hardest time with it. I'm sure there will be lots of tears from Me, Grandma and Baby Chang tomorrow. We had to say goodbye to Grandpa Chang on Saturday and that was tougher than I thought possible.

Little Ms. Bossy will be hanging out with Baby Chang and I over the next ten days to help me get back into the swing of things. Then Prairie Dad will be in Houston for two weeks! The last time we saw him was January 2nd. Baby Chang doesn't realize it yet but we are counting down the days!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a positive review at the doc, and the pending removal of the feeding tube. Progress indeed!

    Hurrah for LMB and PD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear your positive results are coming in. Sending you lots and lots of good thoughts...love you!

    ReplyDelete