Friday, April 23, 2010

Oops

Well the feeding tube is out! Instead of having a doctor take it out I accidentally pulled it out myself. After panicking I called the doctor's office who was very non-chalant about the whole thing. In fact, I was told to just cover the hole and it would close on it's own. WHAAAAAT???? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THERE IS A HOLE FROM MY INSIDES TO MY OUTSIDE????

Well, they were right. The hole has closed and all I did was cover it for about 36 hours. Now it looks like I have a second belly button. I now have an outie and an innie.

I also saw the Radiation Oncologist this week. He also said everything looks good. However, he scheduled the PET Scan for next week. Actually I go in on Monday and should get the results in a couple days. The PET Scan will show if there are any cancer cells growing but everyone is just expecting it to show scar tissue. IF there is anything untoward the continuation of treatment will be much easier. In fact, all they will do is put radiation capsules up my nose for 24 hours and that would be it. Right now I know you wish you could be me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I would be panicked too, but glad it was all simple. And congrats for getting the feeding tube out! WOO HOO!!

    Here's hoping that the news is good from the PET scan.

    I'm pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete