Friday, July 30, 2010

Ray of Hope

It was back to the doctor today. My Houston ear ENT to be specific. It was supposed to be a follow up for the ear tube and hopefully a resolution to my dizziness. Unfortunately, I walked out of the office completely defeated and almost in tears.

After almost six weeks I have at least 10 more days on ear drops as the infection is still there. I'm starting over on the exercises to "fix/cure" the dizziness. It was extremely disheartening because while in Minneapolis it felt like things were at least moving forward and today it felt like a huge step back.

Then I went to my radiation oncologists office. We are currently packing up the Houston apartment to move on Monday. I literally have a closet full of medication and equipment that I've been trying to find out how to dispose of or donate (which is much harder than you might imagine). Half of the boxes contain a solution that you swish to help with the lack of saliva while going through radiation. Well, they were able to take it at my oncologist's office. In fact they were grateful because it will go to patients whose insurance won't cover the solution or can't afford it even with insurance.

It seems so simple but it made me feel sooooo much better. Knowing what I went through and that something so easy could help someone definitely pulled me out of my funk. I was also thankful that I had come so far.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh... sorry for the not-so-great news at the ENT but go you for helping others in need. Not that it surprises me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they find out what is causing your ear issue. I finally had a tube placed in my ear to help with the fluid. Seems to be working well but I may have some hearing loss due to radiation.

    ReplyDelete