Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15th Really?

How did it already get to be the 15th of July? It seems like it was just Memorial Day! I've always thought of July 15th as the middle of summer. As a kid it was half over and time to start prepping for school (which I couldn't wait for). As an adult I want time to slow down. I love summer and the hot weather. Since I am part mermaid I can't think of anything better than spending the day at the pool unless maybe it's spending the day at the beach!

This summer has brought about mixed emotions. On the one hand I love the lazy days spent playing with Baby Chang and have no desire to see the time speed by. On the other hand I want to feel "normal" again. The end of August will be six months since the end of treatment. I've been told by then my energy should be close to back to "normal", my taste buds should have returned to "normal", and the tingling in my legs should be gone. I realize that six months is the average, the should is a big one and that some of those things won't happen for possibly months longer. It's just I can't wait to get my school supplies and new school clothes.

On my wish list for the fall:

1. Chuy's Jalapeno Ranch Dip
2. Chips and Salsa/Guacamole
3. Blue Moon Ice Cream
4. Any other kind of Ice Cream
5. Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies
6. Any food seasoned with Black Pepper
7. Red Wine
8. Dairy Queen Oreo Cookie Blizzard
9. Prairie Grandpa's BBQ Sausage
10. Thousand Island Salad Dressing
11. Pickled Beets
12. Dill Pickles
13. Ketchup
14. Pizza with Pepperoni and Sausage
15. Brownies

I'm sure there is lots more but that's what comes to mind first.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... for a lot of those, I'm drooling. I hope you get to taste as many things as possible on your wish list!!

    ReplyDelete