Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two Weeks to Go

I finally get to post good news!!! On Monday the Radiologist said my scans all look good and the tumor(s) has shrunk dramatically!!!! Also on Monday I found out that I had 13 treatments left to go. So as of today we are down to TEN! Two weeks from today will be the final treatment.

This coming Monday is the final round of chemo. They have decided to change the type of chemo because of how badly I reacted to the last round. It still won't be easy but it shouldn't be quite as bad.

The light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to get a little brighter. The downer is that we don't really know how long it will take to overcome the side effects. Just like everyone reacts differently, they heal at different rates as well. Ringing the bell will signify the end of radiation and I'm not sure what will signify the true end.

A few milestones will be:
1. No more nausea medication.
2. Removal of the feeding tube.
3. No more sore throat.
4. Skin that doesn't feel like a snake or look like a bad tanning bed experience.
5. Taste returns to normal.
6. No more cough.
7. Saliva that doesn't feel like slime.
8. No more dead cancer cells coming out of my nose.
9. I can pick up and play with Baby Chang for more than five minutes at a time.

Here's to the end it can't come fast enough!

4 comments:

  1. WOOO WOOOOOO WOOOOOO! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have been keeping up with the blog but have been bad about posting. Just want you to know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers and I send you and full Chang family all love and support!!! it sounds like you're through the most challenging parts of it and on the up swing and you GO! We're pulling for you from Brooklyn!
    XOXOXOXOX ,FDR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited that you have good news! Can't wait for the rest of your milestones. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for good news!

    All of those milestones seem pretty exciting to me!

    Here's to margaritas by the pool!!

    p.s. when you've got your taste back - you simply must celebrate with some Veuve Cliquot champagne - it is so smooth, so delightful... and worth the extra penny or two.

    As always... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete