Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The bell has been RUNG

FINALLY on Monday the bell was rung. Baby Chang helped ring the bell signifying the end of radiation treatment. Afterwards I celebrated by coming home and going to bed, no champagne yet that will have to wait until after the feeding tube comes out.

I have been told MULTIPLE times that now is the hardest point mentally. It will be about 10 days before any pain starts to subside and even longer for my stamina to return.

For now I'm content celebrating the end of treatment and beginning of the rest of my life. I forsee many naps in my near future. In fact I'm off to bed now...

5 comments:

  1. OMG! We are so happy for you! I was wondering when you might be up for visitors. We have been wanting to come for a visit! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Now onto getting back to feeling normal!

    I forsee the best margarita ever. And again; you should splurge on some seriously smooth champagne (veuve cliquot) when you have your taste back....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duane, Cindy, Anna, KatieFebruary 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM

    We are all praying for you everyday and thinking about you all the time. Now on to recovery. It will get better. We hope very soon. Wish we were with you. Stay positive. Duane, Cindy, Katie, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ring the bell, girls! Great job sweetheart! We are very proud of you and can't wait to hear the wonderful test results that are on their way! We are praying for you and keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,

    I have tears in my eyes as I'm reading this. Congrats on your final radiation treatment. You have no idea what a personal impact you've had on me as I've kept up with your journal entries. Here's wishing you days of long naps and joyous times with your family and friends as your body starts the healing/recovery process. Thinking of you often! :)
    Erin O.

    ReplyDelete