Monday, December 28, 2009

Wrapped in Comfort

Day one is done! I am one third of the way through my chemo and 1/35 of the way through radiation.

It was a very long day. Radiation took only 20 minutes but the chemo took from 9:30 to 4:30. Besides the IV chemo they also gave me a huge bag of electrolyte fluid intraveniously.

As I sat there watching anInside the Actors Studio marathon I realized I had unconsciously surounded myself with friends and family. I was wrapped in the "Worlds Softest Blanket" a gift from Little Miss Bossy and Camera Man. The bag that I packed with books and magazines had been a hand me down from the Collegiate Swimmer. Around my kneck I was wearing a black and white scarf from the Scoreboard Seller. I was kept warm by my new North Face jacket a gift from Mom and Dad Chang. Finally I kept busy by trying to learn all about my fancy new camera from the Prairie Dad. Not to mention the chocolate shake the visit by Mom, Dad and Baby Chang.

So, even though it was a long and somewhat nerve-wracking day it was a nice surprise when I realized all my friends and family were with me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had some comfort on this, the first day of treatment. I hope the side effects are as mild as possible.

    Yay for day one down. You can conquer this, I KNOW you can.

    ReplyDelete