Sunday, December 27, 2009

Count Down to Cancer Free

Well tomorrow is the first day of my journey to becoming cancer free. My treatment begins at 7:30 a.m. with the first dose of radiation followed by the first of three chemo treatments. Both will present their own fun cache of side effects yet no one can know exactly how bad they will be. I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

More than likely I will throw up from the chemo but will not lose my hair. I will have a sore throat like never before from the radiation. Probably the one I'm most excited about is the possiblilty that all food will taste like metal. Though the chemo side effects should only last for about 48 hours, it could take months to fully recover from the radiation therapy.

Since being diagnosed with Cancer I think the worst side effect is that as of tonight I have breastfed my daughter for the last time. I never imagined how emotional and hard that last feeding was going to be. I think it was so difficult because neither Baby Chang nor I got to make the decision it was made for us.

I think I will try to focus on the most positive side effect of chemo and radiation that at the end of it all I will be cancer free.

Let the count down begin!

1 comment:

  1. You have to be one of the most brave people I know!! I wish I could do more but I just want you to know that I am reading and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete