Tuesday, August 6, 2013

End of Summer

Do you remember as a kid how summer used to drag on forever?  By August you were so bored you couldn't possibly think of anything else to do so you were wishing for school to start.  Ok maybe that was just me...

Well, somehow I have fallen into a job where I still have a school schedule and I'm not even a teacher!  Let me tell you summers as an adult don't drag on nearly long enough.  Though I really enjoy my job I am not ready to go back (I still have a couple weeks but somehow that seems like it's too soon).   There are too many things I want to get done and not one of them involves listening or watching opera!

We've had an amazing summer.  Prairie Dad has been home for most of it, which is unheard of.  We bought a house in December and have been slowly working on the yard, removing bamboo (if you ever have to do this start with a chainsaw and a pick axe it will save you and your back), planting orange and cherry trees, still designing a garden.  The summer has also been filled with ballet lessons, gymnastics, hours and hours at the pool with new friends, potato festivals, sunflower festivals, llama rides, pony rides, blueberry and raspberry picking.  So you might be wondering what else could there be to do...

SLEEP that is what there is left to do.  I want nothing more than to disappear for a few days with a good book and a comfortable bed where I can sleep until noon ALONE.  Yes ALONE.

Instead we will be finishing the paint job inside the house (hopefully), cleaning out the junk room otherwise known as our guest bedroom, school shopping, research for a project I hope to write about soon and spending as many hours with Baby Chang's friends as possible.

Maybe, just maybe I'll find a few precious hours alone, with a good book but I don't think sleeping until noon is going to happen anytime in the near future.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need a detox weekend! One or two days, no cell phone, middle of nowhere, no technology, etc.

    Glad you're having a good (albeit busy) summer!

    ReplyDelete