Saturday, September 11, 2010

More excitement than should be legal

So tonight Baby Chang and I had a bit of excitement while Prairie Dad ran to get a few necessities from the grocery store (mainly a Diet Pepsi for Mr. Chang). I was trying to get dinner ready and poof KITCHEN FIRE! Yep my first kitchen fire. Baby Chang and I were having a good time when the fire alarm went off. The fire alarm going off is not a new experience in the Prairie/Chang household -- just ask our neighbors. So I grab a towel and fan the fire alarm into silence. I turn to look at the oven and it seems a little bright.

I look closer and yep flames, the chicken being broiled is on fire. One of the best things we have done with Baby Chang is give her a healthy fear of the oven and hot things in general. So luckily she cowered in the hallway while I threw half a bag of flour on the flames. So picture the chaos fire alarm wailing, flour and flames flying, baby screaming in the corner...

Amazingly when Prairie Dad returned he said "mmm it smells like chicken" rather than "I could smell the smoke down the hall". Then he walked into the kitchen. My explanation "we had a bit of excitement while you were gone". Tomorrow night we are going out for Chinese.

Well I've now survived cancer AND my first Kitchen Fire.

1 comment:

  1. Glad all are safe! What excitement! Tell Prairie Dad, next time you are going to the store!

    ReplyDelete