Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back to Work

My silence over the past few weeks is solely due to going back to work. I'm enjoying my job tremendously. Not only is it great to feel normal again but I'm working on one of my favorite shows Madame Butterfly. Nearly everyday I get chills as our amazing soprano opens her mouth. I also revel in the genius that is our director. It is going to be a beautiful production and it's selling out quickly.

The downside is I have very limited time with Baby Chang. I usually get a couple of hours in the morning and on good days I'm home in time to read stories and put her to bed. It's not enough! She is enjoying her days with Prairie Dad which makes being away easier but walking out the door each morning is often more difficult than it should be. We are figuring it out though. It makes my days off even more precious and sacred.

The other thing that has been difficult is that by the end of the week I'm exhausted. There is always a very long nap on that precious day off. We always start the day with grand plans that often get waylaid in favor of the nap. Also by the end of each day I'm tired. I usually have enough energy to put Baby Chang to bed, make dinner and fall into bed.

So forgive me for the silence but I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like its not too overwhelming... despite the lack of baby time. I'm glad you seem to be feeling healthy!

    ReplyDelete