Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Must Be Crazy

I started jogging today. Yep with heat advisories and all, I decided it was a good day to go for a jog. So I strapped Baby Chang into the jogging stroller, walked to the gas station to pump up the flat tires and gave myself a goal. Ten minutes, that's it 10 minutes.

After four minutes I thought I would die.

I let myself walk through an intersection and off I went again. Then I gave myself a few distance goals. First two blocks. Then to the next stop sign. Then to Weslayan, the busy street ahead. Once I got to Weslayan I looked at the time and I had gone 12 minutes! THANK GOD I COULD STOP!

Why would I start such an endeavor today of all hot days? Well, there are a few reasons...

1. Baby Chang was up every two hours last night and Prairie Dad didn't get much sleep (neither did I but he's not as used to it). So I thought if we left he'd be able to sleep a bit longer. Very kind of me don't you think.

2. I've been itching to use the jogging stroller. I know that's crazy too but it's like a new toy that's been in the box for a year.

3. I'm hoping working out will give me back some energy and speed along some of my recovery. It's still a slow frustrating process so I'm starting to try new things.

4. Jogging is a workout I can do with Baby Chang.

5. The Future Tri-Athlete and I have talked about doing a triathalon in a year. It will take me at least that long to get into shape...

Okay men you may want to stop reading now. The most exciting thing about the jog, my thighs did not rub together! Which means my shorts didn't ride up and there was no fear of chafing. I didn't actually believe that people's thighs didn't rub together when they walked/jogged unless they were so skinny they would fall over when you blew on them. It's the little things that make a girl smile and do a happy dance.

Now back to unpacking boxes...

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I'm impressed with the running in the heat. I mean, running isn't my thing normally - but the heat that STL has gotten plus humidity has made me curl up and hide inside.

    So bravo you for all of this!

    ReplyDelete