Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mermaids

I'm convinced I must have been a mermaid in a former life. Those genes have obviously passed onto Baby Chang.

All through my pregnancy I hit the pool to feel better. Just floating in the water made me feel better and lap swimming rejuvenated me in a way I can't describe. During treatments taking a long shower or bath was one of the few comforts and respites from the vomiting.

For the past week Baby Chang and I have been enjoying the pool at the Y almost daily. Often we are joined by by our favorite British Clan. Today we had our first play date at the pool. The kids weren't really sure how to play with each other but the moms had a good time. It was very nice to talk to someone with a baby about the same age as Baby Chang. We were able to compare notes and offer reassurance to one another. Hopefully there will be many Mommy play dates in the future.

It still amazes me how refreshed I feel after a little time in the pool. I'm sure the Mommy time didn't hurt either.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fish too. I love water.

    Glad you have something to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete