Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Walking is Optional Right?

So in my quest to maintain a regular workout schedule through the season I made a deal with Prairie Dad.  The deal was that on Wednesday nights I would come home late so I could make it to a class at the gym.  This of course is only on days when I don't have rehearsal and if Wednesday isn't the only night for the three of us to have dinner together.  Basically that means this week and next week...

The rest of the deal is that I get to take the same class on Saturday morning because I will be done in plenty of time to get Baby Chang to gymnastics (that is of course if I don't have rehearsal).  Why does work take up so much of my life?  Oh right I like to eat and not live in a cardboard box and I still haven't won the lottery.

The class I have made the deal for is HIIT high intensity interval training.  Otherwise known as good luck walking tomorrow or I'm going to punch you in the face if you say burpee one more time.  For about two days after each class I am sore.  You know that good workout sore the one where walking is painful.  Yes I said good and no I wasn't being sarcastic.

I have discovered over the summer a couple things about me and a workout.  One is that a goal isn't really enough to motivate me to workout, if it was I'd be a size 2 and have run multiple marathons by now.  The second is that I need someone to push me or I wimp out really quickly.  A personal trainer would be perfect but sadly I haven't won the lottery yet (I think I may have mentioned that before).  Third I need to see results pretty quickly to stay motivated.

This class perfectly fulfills two and three.  There is a kick-ass instructor who is encouraging but pushes you to your brink.  I quickly saw results and saw them melt away when I wasn't working out for a bit.  It also helps that a friend often takes the class with me.  Therefore I don't have to talk myself into one hundred push-ups and burpees, which is good because it's way easier to talk myself into a margarita.

So tomorrow morning if you hear a loud scream, don't worry I'm just trying to get out of bed I'll be fine by Friday!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! C25K was a great motivator but now that it's over, it's hard to run run run run run for 30 minutes. I'm beginning to think that I need to start the C210K thing, only because it adds variety.

    Sounds like a great class! There's a great bootcamp that I've been watching all summer but it's at 6am and that's a hard time for me to get up when my days creep later and later.

    ReplyDelete