Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Warning this post may include TOO MUCH INFORMATION for some.

I have been waiting to post until I had a few more things to place in the Good Category so here it goes....

GOOD: Treatment is over!
BAD: Some days I still throw up.
UGLY: Even the throwing up is not as bad as the constipation.

GOOD: The ENT said my nasopharynx looks really good.
BAD: We won't know more until the CT Scan on April 12.
UGLY: We won't really know how things look until the PET Scan in May or June.

GOOD: I've lost 30lbs going through all of this.
BAD: None of my clothes fit.
UGLY: I look like the Saggy Baggy Elephant (one of my favorite books as a kid). My butt and boobs hang too low...

GOOD: I can eat solid food.
BAD: My salivary glands are shot so what I can eat is very limited and small in quantity.
UGLY: Some of it leaks out from around my feeding tube.

GOOD: I'm in Denver continuing my recovery until mid April.
BAD: My butt still hurts from sitting in the car for three days.
UGLY: It's supposed to snow tonight.

GOOD: I get to hang out with my sister and her kids.
BAD: They are all sick.
UGLY: We are just waiting for Baby Chang to get sick.

GOOD: I am taking a few more weeks off from work.
BAD: I am taking a few more weeks off from work.
UGLY: My checking account.

GOOD: I took a two hour nap with Baby Chang today.
BAD: Baby Chang took a two hour nap today will she sleep tonight?
UGLY: Baby Chang doesn't take naps in her own bed thanks to Grandma Chang and Mr. Chang.

1 comment:

  1. :-\ Let's get more GOOD stuff on that list! And I'm glad that not all of the "bad" and "ugly" are as bad as they could be.

    Positive thoughts, my friend! Hang in there!

    (The saliva thing - temporary or permanent?)

    Here's to heading to vomit-free days!

    ReplyDelete