Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

A year ago, oh hell a couple of weeks ago this was not a Christmas Carol I was singing. In fact I wanted to ban all Carols, all joy and all thanks.

Well, as of today that has all changed. Tuesday morning I went in for a CT Scan to see how things were going with the cancer. Yesterday I saw my ENT and he said everything was looking great. Today I saw my Oncologist and he confirmed it! Forgive me if I need more than one opinion to celebrate.

As of now everything looks normal and healthy. I'm still in full remission.

It's amazing to think that almost exactly a year ago I was sitting in doctor's offices getting the news that I had cancer. As they spouted facts, figures and treatment plans I sat in disbelief. Adamant that I wouldn't start my treatments before Christmas because I didn't want to be sick on Baby Chang's first Christmas.

Fast forward a year. Mom and Dad Chang are here in Texas again this time because of pneumonia. Dad Chang has accompanied me to each appointment to hear the good news just as he was with me last year to hear the bad.

So, in some crazy way I can be thankful for the pneumonia and that the people who sat by me through the bad a year ago get to be by me to hear the good today.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, this news makes me oh-so-very-happy! Finally, what we have all been wishing for you has come true! Now may it stay that way, darn it! I'm so glad that you'll be able to really celebrate this Christmas with a weight off your shoulders!

    Sending you virtual hugs and high-fives.

    Now just get that pneumonia out of your system and stay a healthy woman!

    ReplyDelete